6 common fundamental values
All the Greeters Programms of the World, members of the International « Global Greeters Network » share common fundamental values.
Those 6 values have to be fully respected to be part of the GGN. They are at the very heart of each organisation.
The meeting and the sharing between visitors and local residents do help in understanding cultural differences and act as elements of cohesion between people.
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between people thus creating a better world.